Todayville.com is a digital media platform recently launched in Red Deer by Lloyd Lewis, former VP/GM of CTV Edmonton. It is designed to engage local communities who remain intensely interested in what’s going on around them. The web-based platform sits at the crossroads of local journalism, social media, community, and business and is intent on re-defining how local media delivers news, information, and advertising.
As conventional local media struggles due to aging and shrinking audiences and influence and unsustainable business models, layoffs across all traditional media have resulted in a colossal brain drain, a debilitating loss of morale, and most concerning, an uninformed and disengaged community.
If you have a passion for local media, a history of journalism, media management or media sales, and a proven record of community service, then they want to hear from you if you have an interest in setting up a similar platform in your community.
As a cloud based platform, Todayville can be used to create a sustainable, engaging local media business in virtually any size of community. Todayville licensees benefit from a turnkey solution to their local media business. All you need to add is a passion for “community”, a background in local media, and a desire to a catalyst to the kinds of positive change that effective local media can bring.
Todayville’s Journalistic Principles and Practices
- We wish to report accurate, balanced, timely and comprehensive news and information in the public interest.
- Independence is a fundamental Todayville value; We will resist attempts at censorship or pressure to alter news content, real or apparent.
- Integrity, fairness and transparency are at the foundation of our news gathering process. We are committed to reporting news without distortion or misrepresentation.
- Getting it right is more important than getting it first. Our journalistic standards will not be compromised by the deadlines and pressures of 24-hour news.
- We will not formulate news content based on our own personal cultural beliefs, opinions, corporate influences or those of anyone else engaged in its preparation or delivery.
- News events and public issues may be analyzed and put into context, as long as comment or opinion is clearly identified and kept distinct from regular news coverage.
- Todayville strives to reflect the diversity of Canadian society in the hiring of on-air employees, behind-the-scenes editorial decision makers, and our choices of interview subjects, experts, analysts and commentators.
- Factors such as race, national or ethnic origin, skin colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and physical or mental disability will only be reported when relevant to news coverage.
- We are committed to removing impediments and bans on the reporting of news in the public interest.
- Clandestine reporting will only be employed when necessary to ensure the accuracy of stories in the public interest.
The platform is running on WordPress and using the BuddyPress social networking plugin to to facilitate groups, promote events and display other content.
Register for an account on the website before October 28 and you’ll be entered to win a prize package.
Todayville.com wants YOU!! Simply register on Todayville.com anytime between October 14th and October 28th and be automatically entered to win a SPEND THE NIGHT prize package from Executive Royal Hotel in Edmonton.
Prize Package Includes:
- One Night Stay at Executive Royal Hotel
- $50 Gift Card for West Edmonton Mall
- West Edmonton Mall Coupon Book
Register today for your chance to win and join Todayville.com at the crossroads of local journalism, social media, community and business!
No purchase necessary. Contest starts at 5:30 am MT on October 14, 2016 and closes on October 28, 2016 at 12:00 pm MT. Open to legal residents of Alberta, Canada who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Some restrictions apply. Correct answer to a mathematical skill testing question required. Approximate retail value of the Prize is $400. Odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Complete contest rules available at www.todayville.com.
About Lloyd Lewis, President, Todayville.com
Lloyd Lewis has experience in all aspects of television including an extensive background in television production as a director, writer, and producer, brand management as a Director of Advertising and Promotion, and in Senior Management after a successful decade run as Vice President and General Manager of of CTV Edmonton and CTV Two Alberta. He exited the industry in October 2015 as part of large management restructuring at Bell Media.
See more about and register for an account at: www.todayville.com