Have you written a story all Albertans should read? Send it to Alberta Views, a bi-monthly magazine of well-written and well-researched stories about the culture, politics and economy of Alberta. You could win $1,000 and have your writing published in the magazine. The contest is open to all current or former residents of Alberta except employees of Alberta Views. Deadline to enter is June 30, 2015. Here’s the contest guidelines…
2015 Alberta Views Short Story Contest Guidelines:
1. The contest is open to all current or former (long-term) residents of Alberta except employees of Alberta Views.
2. The fee for entering one piece of fiction is $30. There is no limit to the number of stories you can enter as long as each is accompanied with an entry fee (two entries = $60, three entries = $90, etc.)
3. Each entry fee of $30 includes a one-year (10 issues) subscription to Alberta Views. If you subscribe to Alberta Views, each entry fee will extend your subscription for another year. Alternatively, entrants may gift their subscription to another person; please include name and mailing address of gift recipient on your cover letter. Entry fees are non-refundable.
4. Stories must be no longer than 3000 words. Entries exceeding 3,000 words will be disqualified.
5. Entries must be accompanied by a single cover page that includes the following:
- Your name, complete mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- Title of all your entries.
- Word Count of each entry.
6. All entries in this contest will be judged anonymously, on merit alone. The author’s name must not appear anywhere on the pages of the story itself.
7. Entries must be typed, double-spaced, on 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper. Please use Times New Roman, 12pt font. Please do not send originals.
8. Entries must not be previously published. Should an entry be accepted for publication elsewhere after the contest deadline but before the winning entry has been announced, the author must notify Alberta Views immediately.
9. The judge’s decision is final. One winner will receive a prize of $1,000, and at the discretion of the publisher, the winning entry will be published in our December 2015 issue and edited for consistency with Alberta Views‘ house style (font, spacing, etc.).
10. The deadline to enter submissions is June 30, 2015.
See more information at: https://albertaviews.ab.ca