Steve Young, a great friend to the radio industry, passed away five years ago. He was always a champion of talent with a keen interest in promising young broadcasters. CMW and “Friends of Steve Young” will again salute Steve with the “Allan Waters Young Broadcaster of the Year Award in Honour of Steve Young”.
This is the 6th annual award to recognize Canada’s outstanding young broadcasters, many of whom have gone on to some big successes since receiving the award. The winning recipient’s travel, accommodation and CMW registration will be covered so they can receive this award in person.
Anyone also working in the industry can nominate any worthy broadcaster so long as they meet this criteria.
- Candidates must be under the age of 30 as of April 30, 2014
- Must work in the programming department: On-air, Programming, Promotion, Production or Creative
- Must be nominated by another individual working in the radio industry
- Must be Canadian Citizens or Landed Immigrant
- Must have made a significant, documented contribution to the community they serve, the radio industry or their craft
Deadline for entries is January 31, 2014 at midnight.
Please use the Submission Form. It lays out the criteria upon which your submission will be judged. Submissions will be reviewed by “Friends of Steve Young” with a winner selected and notified by April 1, 2014.
Special thanks to Bob Saint and JJ Johnston for leading the charge on this, and to CMW’s Neill Dixon and Greg Simpson who came up with the original idea. And an extra special thanks to Jim Waters and the Waters family for sponsoring the award again this year.