MediaCamp Edmonton is a one-day conference aimed at getting journalists and other storytellers together with technology developers to learn new skills, understand more about each other’s worlds, and find ways to work together. Brought to you by Edmonton Economic Development Corporation, Edmonton Journal, Yelp Edmonton, Global Edmonton, MacEwan University and Calder Bateman.
Hands-on learning sessions:
- What is data? How do you use it? — Mack Male
- Visualizing data — Tanya Camp and Lucas Timmons
- Curating the story — Karen Unland and Tamara Stecyk
- Intro to code — Owen Brierley
- Self-branding and crowdsourcing — Jay Palter and Brittney Le Blanc
- How do I get an app for that? — Aaron Clifford and John Connolly
- How do developers get their story out? — Todd Babiak
- SEO and analytics — Dana DiTomaso
February 4, 2012, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the World Trade Centre Edmonton on the sixth floor in conference rooms A and B. Doors open at 8:30 a.m. $40 per person.
Lunch is included and wi-fi will be available. You are invited to bring your laptop for the hands-on sessions.
See more and register at www.yeglive.ca/mediacamp