On December 12, Postmedia Network announced major updates to its apps for nine Canadian newspapers that now make them accessible to readers on iPhone or iPod touch. The nine Canadian newspapers now available on iPhone and iPod touch include: The Vancouver Sun, The Province (Vancouver), the Calgary Herald, the Edmonton Journal, the Leader-Post (Regina), The StarPhoenix (Saskatoon), the Ottawa Citizen, The Windsor Star and The Gazette (Montreal). Postmedia is also happy to announce the launch of its new Dose.ca App for iPhone and iPod touch, bringing users the latest in entertainment and movie news and celebrity gossip. All ten apps are available now on the App Store.
With these new offerings, Postmedia readers on the go can now access their favourite local, national, international and entertainment news from the convenience of their iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
Adding to our growing mobile and digital offerings, these apps continue to build on our ability to deliver a superior experience to our audiences,” said Wayne Parrish, Chief Transformation and Revenue Officer, Postmedia Network. “These new apps for iPhone and iPod touch also give Canadian marketers another platform for connecting with an engaged and tech-savvy target audience.
Features of the Postmedia newspaper apps:
- Breaking News: Follow stories as they happen, and receive alerts in real-time, 24/7.
- Focus on the photos: Unique photo gallery lets readers choose what they want to view.
- First choice for local news: Readers can access news-making headlines in their neighbourhoods, check the weather or catch up on their favourite sports highlights.
- Related Articles: Find stories that interest you quickly, with fewer taps.
- Online or Off: The offline reading feature keeps you reading even when there’s no wireless signal
- Share the news: Readers can stay connected and share with their social networks via email, Facebook and Twitter.
Features of the new Dose.ca app:
Enjoy everything entertainment, including movie reviews and celebrity gossip, in one convenient app.
Live updates throughout the day so you’re always the first to know the scoop.
High-resolution photo and video galleries with the best of Hollywood glitz and glamour.
Share your favourite stories with your social networks.
The Vancouver Sun, The Province (Vancouver), Calgary Herald, Edmonton Journal, Leader-Post (Regina), The StarPhoenix (Saskatoon), Ottawa Citizen, The Windsor Star and The Gazette (Montreal) Apps are available for free from the App Store on iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, or at www.itunes.ca/appstore/.
– 30 –
For more information:
Director of Communications