From June 23 until Sept. 17, the Provincial Archives of Alberta will present a display titled Sharing the Word: The Development and Use of Syllabics by Missionaries in Western Canada. Archivists of the United Church of Canada, the Anglican Church and the Oblate Order of the Roman Catholic Church worked co-operatively to develop the display and thus the story of these missionary pioneers. At the same time, from July 8 to 17, 2011, the Edmonton and District Historical Society, presents their 15th annual historic festival, this year on the theme is “Celebrate Our Heritage, Our Doors.” One of the historic sites included in their extensive line up is Father Lacombe Chapel in St. Albert. It is Alberta’s oldest building. A little known fact is that it also the location of the first printing press in Alberta first used in Lac LaBiche in 1877. You can read more about the influence of the printing press in Alberta in this recent article by Gail Simonson from the Edmonton Journal.