The Banff World Television Festival is organizing Meetups in Calgary and Edmonton at the end of March. They will bring together leaders from across the television and digital media industries, including producers, broadcasters, online publishers, technologists, and advertisers, as well as representatives from government, media, and funders.
Join us on March 29 in Calgary and March 30 in Edmonton for a free night of networking, a presentation on the state of the digital media universe, and the chance to lay the groundwork for deal-making at the Festival.
Tuesday, March 29
6 to 9pm
501 8th Avenue SW
Register at www.banffmediafestival.com/calgary-meet-up.php
Wednesday, March 30
6 – 9 pm
Original Joe’s on U of A Campus
8404 109 St. NW
Register here www.banffmediafestival.com/edmonton-meet-up.php
The Banff World Media Festival (formerly the Banff World Television Festival) is the world’s premier forum for professionals working in content creation, distribution and broadcast in Television and Digital Media.
Taking place June 12-15, 2011, at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in the Canadian Rockies, BANFF attracts the most prestigious players in the international media marketplace. With its breathtaking, retreat-like setting and A-List attendees, BANFF provides a unique atmosphere combining unparalleled access, fantastic programming, and – to put it simply – an incredibly fun time.
2011 Conference Highlights:
Howie Mandel to receive Award of Distinction, and Eugene Levy, veteran actor and comedian, to receive the Award of Excellence in addition to:
- Feature Interviews with the writers, directors, and producers creating the most talked-about programming on TV and the Web.
- Keynotes from the top executives and thinkers from TV, Digital Media, Advertising, Music, Government and Publishing that bring inspiration and thought leadership to each BANFF stream.
- In-depth programming addressing the key questions and challenges facing the different facets of the global media industry.
- The 2011 Banff World Media Awards, one of the world’s most prestigious international program competitions. The 2010 competition attracted more than 800 entries from 30 countries around the world.
- A unique networking experience, combining both strategic facilitated networking opportunities – including pre-booked one-on-one meetings with Program Executives, Media Buyers, and Ad Agencies – with the exceptional open access and relaxed atmosphere created by the Festival’s setting and feel.
- Specialty programs, including the CTV National Fellowship, the Shaw Media Showrunners Training Program, Global Writers Apprentice Program, and the Banff International Pilots Competition and Awards, offer practical, hands-on experience, taking your skill set to the next level, and creating opportunities for the frontrunners in the emerging media ecosystem.
See more at www.banffmediafestival.com